Dryer Vent Cleaning and Maintenance Prevents Fires in Sterling, Virginia
With over 15,000 clothes dryer fires occurring each year, causing deaths, injuries and loss of homes, it is important that we work to increase public awareness of preventing clothes dryer fires. Most of the reported fires were due to improper dryer vent cleaning and maintenance.
Dryer Vent Cleaning and Maintenance Tips for Sterling Residents
It is recommended that all dryer vent systems be inspected by a dryer vent professional to ensure that they are up to code and working safely and efficiently.
It is also most crucial that everyone who uses a clothes dryer understand proper maintenance between professional visits. Here are some useful tips for maintaining your dryer vent system:
· Keep the lint screen clean, removing the lint after every load
· Wash lint screens monthly with soap and water to prevent residue buildup caused by dryer softener sheets
· Do not use your dryer for fabrics covered in combustible substances
· Store flammable items far away from your dryer
· Have your dryer professionally inspected and cleaned annually
· Make sure the dryer vent system is up to code according to city, state, and manufacturer standards
· Use only semi-rigid or solid metal material for venting systems
· Frequently check outside vent cover for signs of blockage, freezing, or damage
· Be sure to have dryer vents cleaned seasonally
Dryer Vent Cleaning Wizard Serving Northern, Virginia Neighborhoods
Dryer Vent Wizard will do a thorough inspection of your dryer vent system to be sure it is made of proper construction and that it is properly installed. They will do the necessary corrections to be sure that it meets current UL safety standards.
Dryer Vent Wizard provides dryer vent cleaning, repair, maintenance, installation, and dryer vent systems inspections for residential and commercial buildings. They strive to educate consumers on dryer vent cleaning and maintenance for fire prevention.
More Fire Safety Tips for Sterling area Homes and Businesses
Here are some more tips to enhance the safety of your family, home or business:
· Maintain working fire extinguishers, including one designed for use in the laundry area
· Be sure to test fire alarms, replacing batteries frequently
· Store flammable items away from all appliances
· Keep up with professional maintenance on all appliances
· Develop a fire safety and emergency fire-escape plan for your household.
Besides fire safety and prevention, proper maintenance insures your clothes dryer will operate more efficiently, and cost less to operate, saving on energy costs. Dryer Vent Wizard has a policy that all technicians help educate their customers. Their job is not complete until the customer understands the function of their dryer vent system and how they can help maintain it between annual professional visits.
Please watch this video provided by Dryer Vent Wizard of Sterling, Virginia
Dryer Vent Wizard of Northern Virginia provides dryer vent cleaning, dryer vent repair, dryer vent installation, dryer vent inspections and all dryer vent services for homes and businesses in Fairfax County, Annandale, Burke, Centreville, Chantilly, Clifton, Dunn Loring, Fort Hunt, Franconia, Great Falls, Groveton, Herndon, Huntington, Hybla Valley, Idylwood, Jefferson, Lake Barcroft, Lincolnia, Lorton, Mantua, McLean, Merrifield, Mount Vernon, Newington, North Springfield, Oakton, Occoquan, Pimmit Hills, Reston, Rose Hill, Seven Corners, Springfield, Tysons Corner, Vienna, West Springfield, Wolf Trap, Arcola, Mount Laurel, Herndon, West Mclean, Waterford, Reston, Reston, Fairfax Station, Vienna, Loudoun County, Hamilton, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville, Round Hill, Dulles, Ashburn, Sterling, South riding, Paeonian Springs, Aldie, Arlington County, Arlington, Alexandria County, Alexandria, and neighboring cities and communities.